Happy Easter everyone !! Thanks for being a fan :D
We decided to paint some eggs today, for Easter. Luckily, we had two brown eggs left after our large egg breakfast.
My husband painted a US flag on his egg so I decided to paint a Bhutanese flag on my egg because that sounded fun. Anyhow, I am very happy with these results.
Tutorial below: :D
Basically, we just used watercolor paints because I had old ones sitting around not getting used (if you are going out to buy paint just for this project, acrylic paint will work better).
On the Bhutanese egg (the one with the dragon)
Poke holes (make sure the egg yolk is broken) into the top and bottom of the eggs and blow through one of the holes to empty the egg.
1. I painted the colors first (yellow and orange) The picture below is my husband starting on his flag.
2. Then let it dry for few minutes,
3. I printed out a small Bhutanese flag (about 2 inches wide) and cut the dragon out of the center while my egg was drying.
4. I then drew the scales on the little paper dragon (the lines were not clear since the picture was too small) with an extra fine pilot pen (these are awesome pens for drawing, I have several other colors). They are available at walmart, or target.
5. I used a flat paint brush (any shape should work) to apply Mod Podge on the back of my little cut paper dragon to paste it on top of the egg.
6. Then apply one coat of Mod Podge with a medium/large paint brush over the surface of the egg to secure it. DO NOT go over the same area twice (unless you are using acrylic paint), because you will make the paint run. (my husband made this mistake and had to redo his whole egg coz’ ended up breaking. :) ) He had to go buy a new carton of eggs because we didn’t have any eggs left, remember, I mentioned that we had only two brown eggs left? :)
7. Let the eggs dry and you are done!!
Coincidentally (an Easter Miracle) there were only white eggs left at the store so in the end the eggs came out brown for me and white for my husband! ;)